Why Do You Need Insulin?
- A hormone produced by pancreas, which is an organ near the stomach
- Serves as a key to help glucose or sugar enter the cells in your body
- Lowers level of sugar in your bloodstream
- Production reduces with decreasing level of blood sugar
*This is for patient education purposes only. Please consult your doctor/healthcare practitioner before starting any diet, medication or exercise.
1. Mayoclinic. Type 1 diabetes. Available from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/type-1-diabetes/symptoms-causes/syc-20353011. Last revised: 7/8/2017. As accessed on: 19/6/2018.